Thursday, June 17, 2010

midnight talks...

   Don't you just love when you have a discussion with someone about something and then its preached on the next service? its so reassuring... It happened to me last weekend, Saturday night I drove a friend home and we ended up sitting in her driveway til 1 AM talking about... everything... about how important it is to not get distracted by petty things in life, to focus on the big picture... about being emotional dependant on God so life wont be such a roller coaster ride, which is something that is so hard for me. I'm a very emotional person, i feel things very deeply whether is love, hate, rejection, confusion, hope, pain, no matter what is it I feel it deeply which makes being emotionally dependent on God a challenge... we talked about being desperate before God, being so desperate for more... and truly trusting him so much where there is peace and joy and contentment in your life, that's hard to, its something Ive been praying for and do desperately want but to get all that again like I had before I know Gods waiting for me to let go, of the pain, fear, unforgivness, whatever is it that's holding me back from having all of God... About humbling yourself to gain qualities from others... how annoyances are sometimes just jealously... and not everything is going to be logical or make sense... And about getting so close to God that he is your focus which really does make everything else fade, its like ascending to another level where stupid things just don't matter anymore... having a Jesus heart...

       On Sunday Night Pastor Willams preached a sermon " If that same spirit..."

Romans 8:11 "And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit, who lives in you."

   He talked about how its all about Gods spirit being IN you, and if hes truly in you then you will be recreated... completely focused on God... addicted to Christ. How its not a one time event its a constant posture we need to be in and desire we need to have.

   It was encouraging to hear a sermon about things I had just been talking and praying about and struggling with... sometimes I feel invisible, like God doesn't hear me or gets sick of hearing to same prayers from me all the time... this sermon was kinda like a "Yes Lindsey I'm right here and I do hear your prayers, don't give up".

It might seem like such a little thing to you but to me it was exactly what I needed to hear :)

No comments:

Post a Comment