Thursday, August 11, 2011

I love lists... but God doesnt...


I’m getting a new perspective... a perspective of love, a desire to please out of want not duty... this is something I struggle with, not that I don’t love God with everything in me but I’m a person who loves lists... for me its easier to follow a list of dos and don’ts, I like when someone is like this is what you HAVE to do, I’m a horrible decision maker so in general I like when others make decisions for me but in my walk with God that just doesn’t work because our relationship with God is a one on one thing that others cant decide for you and there is no list of dos and don’ts to ensure a perfect Christian walk, everyday were faced with decisions either major or minor that will effect your life… but our relationship with God is a back and forth relationship, like any real friendship its requires give and take, trial and errors and constant learning from one another and that’s what its like with God and with a perception of love but falling in love with our creator and getting closer to him we learn how to make decisions to please him and want to do the things that bring joy to our lives… its not always black and white like lists are because if it was God would have never had to sacrifice his son for the world and life would just be a boring religious experience, because of sacrifice we get the peace, contentment and joy of personally knowing our savior in a freedom his salvation brings and there is nothing greater than that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment